Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Post Xmas Blues and the Ugly Canadians
















Uh oh. I see the post Xmas blues are breaking out all over the world. The credit card bills haven't arrived yet. But the spirit of the season is fading fast. From the alleged site of the blessed manger.

To an ice station in the Antarctic.

And then there is the very UnXmassy story of the little girl in Dallas who won a Hannah Montana makeover...and some tickets to a Little Miss Montana concert....by writing this short essay:

"My daddy died this year in Iraq. I am going to give mommy the Angel pendant that daddy put on mommy when she was having me. I had it in my jewelry box since that day. I love my mommy."

Which would be REALLY moving... in a ghastly sort of way.

Except that daddy wasn't REALLY in Iraq. Or even dead.

But before we accuse the Americans of trying to gain an unfair advantage by teaching their kids to cheat before we teach ours how to swindle their way to success.

Let's take a good look at ourselves....with or WITHOUT our clothes.

Some Canadian shoppers wear their new clothes home to avoid paying a duty when they cross back into Canada. The old clothes get left behind in parking lots, dressing rooms and restrooms at malls and shopping plazas in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls region.

Can you believe it? Once we were running after their dollars and calling them the Ugly Americans. Now they're running after our bloated loonies and we're the Ugly Canadians !!!! Cheating our way through customs.

Is that PROGRESS or what?

Although to be fair...when it comes to ugly or just crazy... we may have the nasty neocon Stephen Harper and the idiot redneck Don Cherry.

But judging from this video... I fear the Americans may STILL have a slight edge....



Wow. DEFINITELY.

No wonder we're losing the Great War on Terror.

But don't let those post Xmas blues get you down.

Just remember that December is gloomy. But January is WORSE.

Have a great weekend everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I couldn't help but notice that some terrorist stooge has posted a response to that great patriotic video...



So I reported him to the Department of Waterboarding Security.

I'm doing MY part in the Great War on Terror.

Are you?

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hahaha! I don't think I'm doing my part. I'll try harder, Simon.

Simon said...

Hi JJ!!! Good. It's important. Because until we get rid of that terrorist war criminal in the White House NOBODY is safe... :)