Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back When Batman Was Gay


















I went to see Dark Knight the other day and I thought it was awesome.

That's one MEAN Batman. And if you don't believe me ask his mother.

But one thing disappointed me. Where was Robin the Boy Wonder ?

Batman and him used to be INSEPARABLE.

















Back in the good old days when Batman was gay.

"Only someone ignorant of the fundamentals of psychiatry and psychopathology of sex can fail to realize the subtle atmosphere of homoeroticism which pervades the adventures. The Batman type of story may stimulate children to homosexual fantasies."

@#%&# Kapow !!!

I mean REALLY.

When I was growing up I never thought of Batman and Robin as gay. Just good buddies.

But now that I do....I admit that the Boy Wonder may not have been the brightest bulb....or the best bottom... in Gotham.

But did they really have to kill him off, to make Batman a mean manly manly man ? Or to satisfy the creepy Christian Bale.

"If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work."

Huh? What's wrong with that Batman? Why does he hate Robin more than he hates the Penguin...or his mother? And who does he think he is? What's next? The Lone Ranger without Tonto? Gumby without Pokey?

Don't ask. Some straight guys are PATHETIC.

Not that we could even hope for a gay Batman. As that post pointed out, every Batman is a product of his times. And this one comes straight out of our post 911 nightmare, the moral corruption it spawned, and the fear that never ends.

A real gay Batman might fit right in, but Hollywood would never go for it. And a goody goody campy one would be lost in a time warp.

Pity.They say this Batman is the best one ever.

And I do like this one. It is a dark world.

I just like the old one better...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought of them as gay, either. (when I was young anyway)