Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Peter, Paul and Mary Song


My first guitar teacher was a wonderful old hippy, so the first song I learned to play was "Where Have All the Flowers Gone? by Peter, Paul and Mary.

But now that my old teacher has gone, and so has Mary.

I have to admit that this was my favourite song...



If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening
All over this land
I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land.


From Lee Hays and the great Pete Seeger...and dedicated to the progressive movement.

I bet they'll be playing that song a hundred years from now.

Because just like the cause, progressive music never dies.

Goodbye Mary. Goodbye Godfrey. You ring the bell.

I'll swing the hammer...

No comments: