Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Nip Homophobia in the Bud














I've never watched a single episode of Glee, the popular American television series.

But after reading this story.

And what the victim of this savage cowardly assault had to say.













"I want people to see the face of hate. I want them to look into me, and look at what people who hate people, and who are not sensitive to other people's needs, what it does and what it looks like."

I must say I love the way this dad in Glee nips some casual homophobia in the bud...



Because if you don't treat homophobia at an early stage it can grow like a cancer and hurt or kill innocent people.

So what would I tell the two thugs in Windsor? You miserable, cowardly, bully bigots. I wish I had five minutes alone with you so I could teach you that some gays bash back.

And what would I tell that great dad's gay son?

Hey kid...you know  I love you. And I think you're beautiful just the way you are. And you know how I always say if you're gay you have to be tough to be gentle. Right?

OK. So now I just want to say.... from one gay brother to another eh?

That lamp has GOTTA GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Smith said...

Glee has made me cry twice - both with scenes between Kurt and his dad.

Simon said...

hi Jennifer...As I said I've never watched Glee because the only thing I watch on TV is the news or sports. But all my friends love it, and after reading up on it I must admit it does sound like a neat show...